At Masterpiece Painting Contractors, we know that Stucco is an excellent exterior finish for a new house or addition and it is one of the most durable wall surfaces available. The flexibility in design using accents, trims, texture and color are endless, but because of its rigid nature, stucco can develop cracks and holes over time due to settling and impact damage. Once a crack or hole develops it is important to seal it from water to prevent further deterioration.
If you’re buying a home with stucco, looking to repair, updating existing stucco, adding in an accent area or the entire home; Our stucco expert team members are ready to help you to seal and protect your property and to set your home apart from all the others once again!
- Break away any deteriorating and loose pieces of stucco, metal lath and tar paper with a mason’s chisel and hammer.
- Widen cracks using a power “V” blade.
- Re-caulk cracks.
- Install new double D tar paper.
- Install new metal lath with galvanized nails.
- Apply bonding agent on stucco wall.
- Apply the stucco patching compound pushing it onto the wire mesh and fill in the opening.
- Smooth the patch surface level with the surrounding.